Turmeric (Curcuma long a) is the yellowish-orange rhizome of the Turmeric plant which is available fresh or dried, whole or ground.
-Turmeric is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic. It is traditionally used for healing wounds, cuts, sprains and swelling in joints or ankles. It also treats various skin diseases like eczema, acne and
- Turmeric is believed to prevent various types of cancer as it restricts the growth of cancerous cells in the body. It is also used in the treatment of skin cancer.
- it purifies the blood, unblocks arteries and ensures smooth circulation reducing the chances for heart attack. It also helps lower the LDL cholesterol level.
- Turmeric is excellent for the skin and hair.
The plant extracts promote hair growth, cure dandruff and serve as a coloring agent.
How to use Turmeric
- Turmeric and honey paste or Turmeric mixed in a cup of warm milk is an effective remedy for common colds, cough and flu.
- Regular usage of Turmeric in food, as an extract or bitters, helps in a wide range of digestion problems. It improves liver functioning and treats jaundice, hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- Women experiencing menstrual cramps may consume Turmeric extract or bitters twice a day for two weeks preceding expected menstruation. It smoothes muscles and alleviates menstrual pains.