When you are cleansing, purifying and literally changing your body from the inside out, you will likely have some side effects, particularly in the first few days. The good news is that if you stick with it, the more unpleasant side effects early on can change into positive side effects such as increased energy, clearer skin, better digestion and improved overall health.
Some common detox side effects can include:
- Headaches, particularly if you’re a regular coffee/tea drinker and you’re cutting out caffeine
- Fatigue, which can vary based on how many calories you’re consuming and what type of activities you’re engaging in
- Mood issues
- Feeling distracted
- More frequent trips to the bathroom, especially if you’re upping your intake of water or juice
- Insomnia, waking more frequently, or other changes in sleep patterns and behavior
- Increased sweating
- Joint and muscle aches
- Cravings for certain items that you’re no longer consuming
If you do however experience any adverse side effects, it is advisable to stop the program immediately and consult your physician.