In French, the name “pissenlit” translates to “bed wetter” which stems from the plant’s diuretic properties. Dandelion greens are also high in vitamins A, K and in potassium, calcium and iron.
– Dandelion root extract is unique, and is one of the only things found to help with chronic myelomonocytic Leukemia and it is effective in treating Breast Tumors
– Detoxification of vital organs: The dandelion root has diuretic properties, so, it is great to use to detoxify: Liver, Kidneys and Gallbladder, it works great to purify the blood and cleanse the system. This also makes it a good herb for fighting infections.
– Because it has anti-inflammatory properties dandelion root can be used to combat symptoms of Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.
Dandelion tea helps ward off disease—it is apowerful disease-fighter—because it is packed with nutrition and speeds up the healing process. It helps increase immunity and fights heart disease, and age-related memory loss.
– Treating Anemia: Because of the high content of iron in dandelion root, it is beneficial for building red blood cells in the body to treat anemia.
– Treating Diabetes: Dandelion root has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in patients. In Europe, it’s used to treat Type-i and Type-2 diabetes.
– Digestive System: Dandelion root, when made into a tea, is beneficial for relieving constipation, flatulence and fullness.
– Treating High Blood Pressure: Dandelion root is a natural Diuretic, yet it contains high potassium content, so it is an effective treatment to lower blood pressure.
– Dandelion tea helps reduce High Cholesterol.
– High Nutritional Value: Dandelion root contains the following vitamins A, B-complex, C and D. It also contains the minerals Iron, Zinc and Potassium. This combination of vitamins and minerals makes dandelion root a High Antioxidant Food.
– Mood Enhancer: Due to the high amount of vitamin B-complex, dandelion root can help to stabilize mood and Treat Depression.
– Dandelion root is also used to treat skin disorders such as Acne, Eczema and Psoriasis.
– It is very beneficial to Menopausal Women
– Laxative: Dandelion root is also a mild laxative and is used to help with regularity.
– Dandelion tea helps with weight control especially with Weight Loss.
(Composting spent dandelion tea Blossoms, Leaves, and/or Roots, after drinking your dandelion tea, improves soil composition.)
NOTE: There are very few side effects linked to using dandelion root. Allergic Reactions to the herb have been reported. People taking lithium, diuretics, medication to lower blood pressure or medication to lower blood sugar should not take dandelion root as a general rule. Contact your physician if you have any questions or concerns about consuming dandelion products. Pregnant or Breastfeeding women need to consult their physician before consuming any dandelion products.)