This combination of banana, milk, and yogurt makes for a fresh and satisfying sports recovery’ drink. Dairy products like milk and yogurt work double duty, providing both protein and carbohydrates. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium—powerful electrolytes for healthy muscle function. Have this smoothie for breakfast following a morning workout, or a small afternoon meal when you get in from the gym.
– 1 cup sliced ripe banana (about l large)
– 1cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
– 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
i 2 tablespoons whole wheat graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 cookie sheet)
– 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
– Graham cracker crumbs
– Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, and freeze until firm (about l hour).
– Place frozen banana and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately.